WARNING! This blog contains many links to Ravelry, a fiber-arts social media website which has been known to cause migraines, seizures, and other health issues for some internet users, especially since Ravelry's website redesign in June 2020. Please exercise caution when following links to Ravelry!

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Change is in the Air

I've decided to expand this blog to include all of my yarn and knitting adventures. I've updated my blog description and profile to reflect this. This blog is now "the ongoing saga of a slightly nerdy girl and her love for all things yarn and knitwear". So you'll be seeing more of my non-designing knitting projects, random posts about pretty yarn I've acquired (or want to acquire, I suppose), and other thoughts on knitting. I'm excited about this change! It will be nice to have all of my knitting thoughts in the same place, and hopefully, it will make this blog more enjoyable to read!

I have quite a few non-designing projects going on right now, but I don't have any good pictures of them to share. It's the time of year where I really start to think about knitting sweaters and all those lovely cold weather accessories. I knit a lot of those in the summer too, but the cool weather and the promise of autumn makes me think about them even more.

Right now, I'm working on a shrug in a many-hued hand-dyed cotton/silk yarn. I started it back in May and planned on wearing it at my high school graduation, but it's still not done. :) Also on the needles is a striped blanket for a baby cousin of mine that is due in October. I have a few projects that have been sitting around for quite a while as well. One is a cabled shawl I started last September that I haven't touched since and a swatch for a textured tunic-my first true sweater! All of the other garments I've made for myself are sleeveless or short-sleeved. I'm hoping that this season will be the season of sweaters for me. I have several sweater quantities in my stash and patterns picked out for them, so all I need to do is cast on! Makes me happy just thinking about it!

Well, that's about it for now. Next time, I hope to have a few pictures of a cowl I finished last week. I need to weave in the ends and block it before Sunday...

No comments:

Post a Comment