WARNING! This blog contains many links to Ravelry, a fiber-arts social media website which has been known to cause migraines, seizures, and other health issues for some internet users, especially since Ravelry's website redesign in June 2020. Please exercise caution when following links to Ravelry!

Friday, February 2, 2018

Happy February!!

I've got a cold or something (the kind where you feel crummy and your nose won't stop running), so I haven't been knitting the last few days. Not really a big break, but I would like to be knitting so it kind of stinks. :(

I've been working on a sweater for my little brother. The plan was to finish it before the Ravellenic Games start in less than a week. I think I've still got a chance...


 (A progress pic straight from my Insta story. That's as good as it's going to get right now.)

So you can kind of see the sweater here. It's a heavily-modified Abate by Alicia Plummer. (Link leads to Ravelry, please exercise caution!) I'm using chunkier yarn, so a larger gauge, and I've really switched up the neck; going for a plain crewneck to save yarn. I'm not sure my brother would like a big cowl/collar anyway. Especially one so thick with this bulky yarn.

It's still knit top-down and I'm doing the sleeves first now that I've knit a few rows past splitting for them, because I'm not sure how much yarn I have. I bought it over four years ago and my brother's grown quite a bit since then, haha!

Speaking of the Ravellenics, I'm going for a chunky cabled cardigan for me. Aidez!! (Link leads to Ravelry, please exercise caution!) This could be crazy, but I'm going to try. I've had the yarn for a while and kept meaning to start it, so this is a good kick in the pants for me. Plus, I'm one of the captains for Team Knit Picks Lovers!! And since I've never been a captain before, I get this shiny laurel:


If you have Knit Picks yarn or a Knit Picks pattern you want to use for a Ravellenics project, come join us!! (link leads to Ravelry, please exercise caution!)

No comments:

Post a Comment