WARNING! This blog contains many links to Ravelry, a fiber-arts social media website which has been known to cause migraines, seizures, and other health issues for some internet users, especially since Ravelry's website redesign in June 2020. Please exercise caution when following links to Ravelry!

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Still Kickin'

In one of my last posts I talked about the sweater I was knitting for my little brother. I finished just a little while later, but I recently got some new pictures of it. He wore it almost nonstop for a week or two in March.



I also finished my Ravellenics sweater in time. In time means I was knitting and seaming into the wee hours of the night and I did wear it to church several hours later before the inside of the pockets were dry, but the gold medal was worth it! :D



My next project was many months later, in the summer. Some friends of mine were having a baby (how am I old enough to say that?) and I wanted to knit socks for him.


Baby socks are one of my favorite projects. They're so quick and so, so cute!!

Then I knit some socks of my own in some beautiful TFA yarn. And one of my favorite sock patterns, Skew. (Link leads to Ravelry, please exercise caution!)


Sometime during the summer I was itching to knit, but I got overwhelmed thinking about choosing a project and swatching and all that. So I pulled out some of my squishiest yarn and cast on for some 1x1 rib. It grew into a scarf of a sort, but it was pretty skinny and I wasn't sure I wanted to keep it. Earlier this winter I frogged it and knit a wider garter stitch scarf instead, but not with a project in mind really.


I actually knit most of it while watching Confessions of a Shopaholic where "The Girl in the Green Scarf" plays an important role, and I seriously didn't make the connection that I was knitting my own green scarf until after the movie was over. Such irony. I'm not sure if I'll keep it. I might frog it later so I can make a bigger project with the yarn I have leftover.

I also knit a hat in this yarn. My grandma asked me around Thanksgiving if I could knit her a hat for Christmas. I whipped this up just a day or two later, but saved it for Christmas of course.


That honeycomb stitch is so delectable!!


Speaking of Christmas, I also made this alpaca scarf for my best friend.


And in terms of presents for myself, I got some Felici. During Christmas break, my brother spun me yarn out of some fiber I won a few years ago. And last winter I bought some Guardians of the Galaxy-inspired sock yarn with leftover Christmas money.




A few weeks ago I started my socks and I finished them the other day!

No comments:

Post a Comment