WARNING! This blog contains many links to Ravelry, a fiber-arts social media website which has been known to cause migraines, seizures, and other health issues for some internet users, especially since Ravelry's website redesign in June 2020. Please exercise caution when following links to Ravelry!

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Corona Knitting

Okay, so this isn't all Corona knitting, but it seemed like a nice enough title so yeah, here we go...

First off, in my last post I teased some Felici that I was getting for Christmas so here's an actual picture of the lovelies. Hehe


The purple ones on the bottom are skeins that I already had, but now they can all be friends together. :)

I also bought this beautiful skein of sock yarn back in the winter with a gift card that Wool and Honey gave out for Christmas. So generous!


And I bought some yarn from the shop that used to be in our town to make mittens for a friend. The owner Kelly sent a lovely note along with the yarn. ❤



And I haven't bought any yarn since then, even with all of my recent internet purchases, and I think you should all be proud of me. I did get some from my sister and a lovely raveler gifted me some to finish a project, but we all know that those don't count. I did buy some new needles though, which I still haven't tried out.


It's a short sharp needle set from Denise and I also got a few extra cords. I love my interchangeable needles from Denise and I've been using them for almost 10 years now! I'm excited to try these out. I've been too busy working on other things so far.

I also got all my stash out one Saturday afternoon...


And as for the FOs and WIPs, we have the blanket I made for a friend's wedding gift to begin with...


And then there's my mohair top. I made this one up as I went and I'm super happy with how it turned out.



I whipped up this hat and mittens for some friends who are having a baby.


And the mittens I made for another friend...


And then I finally knit my little sister a sweater. I got the yarn for this about three years ago and it took a pandemic to get to it haha. But my sister has grown in those years, and she said this way it will fit her much longer. So it's a win-win!



And I have one WIP right now. I'm knitting a fraternal twin for this green sock I made a couple years ago. I decided to make it in honor of my little sister Lottie whom we lost at 10 weeks almost three years ago. Something about the green and purple seems to fit her. We call her Our Little Leprechaun so that might be part of it. :)


This pattern, Garden Gate (link leads to Ravelry, please exercise caution!), is so much fun!! I'll probably make more socks from it. And the Knit Picks Hawthorne I'm using isn't too shabby either, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment