WARNING! This blog contains many links to Ravelry, a fiber-arts social media website which has been known to cause migraines, seizures, and other health issues for some internet users, especially since Ravelry's website redesign in June 2020. Please exercise caution when following links to Ravelry!

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Knitting Thoughts

Back in March, I picked up a shawl I started in September 2014, probably my oldest WIP ever. I knit several repeats, and I thought I'd share a recent-ish picture, though I've moved on to some other things...


In the beginning of April I wove in the ends of my Cubs sweater so I could wear it on opening day. And I took a decent picture of it-well, my brother took it for me. I'm going to a night game at Wrigley in a few weeks and I'm really looking forward to wearing my sweater there!! I also have plans for a hat made from the leftovers, but I'm sure you'll hear about that soon enough. :)


After hearing about Shannon Cook's Tops, Tanks, and Tees Knit-a-long, I searched through my stash and library, looking to see if I could join in with anything. I landed on the Dowlas Tee (link leads to Ravelry, please exercise caution!) from the spring 2014 issue of Knitscene. I ripped out a vest I knit in Madelinetosh Pashmina a few years ago (that I never wore) and swatched, all in one day. I usually plan ahead more, but I'm happy with the spontaneity of this one. I have a few tops in my wardrobe that are a similar style, so I'm hoping I'll get a lot of use out of it. By now, I've split for the back and front. Here's an older picture.


I know it's springtime and summer is just around the corner, but I've actually worn my sweaters more these past few days than I usually do. I'm terrible at wearing my knits in general, so I'm pretty proud of myself.

First off, is my True sweater. I wore it on Sunday evening after a walk in the pouring rain. With pajamas and wool socks. :D


And today (or rather, yesterday, since I'm writing this late) I was out shopping with one of my best friends. I found a super cute dress, and when I came home, I looked through my closet to see what I could wear with it. I pulled out a lace-weight blue cardi I made a few years ago, and I've been wearing it with the dress for several hours now. Because I'm super excited about my dress, and I don't want to take it off. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment