WARNING! This blog contains many links to Ravelry, a fiber-arts social media website which has been known to cause migraines, seizures, and other health issues for some internet users, especially since Ravelry's website redesign in June 2020. Please exercise caution when following links to Ravelry!

Monday, December 2, 2013

Interview with Annie Watts

I thought it would be fun to do some interviews with designers who are participating in the Gift-A-Long. So here is the first. You can expect more in the following weeks.

First up, I invited Annie Watts of Wattsolak Designs.

Her cute and out-of-the-ordinary portfolio includes these fun designs both of which are in my queue. Someday...

© Annie Watts
Rock, Paper, Scissors...Shoot!

© Knit Picks
Fightin' Words

Introduce Yourself!
I’m Annie Watts of Wattsolak Designs! wattsolak.com

How would you describe your style?
My style is pretty lighthearted and playful. I love things that are a bit silly!

What inspires you?
Movies, science, the oddities of life.

What is your favorite item to design?
I love designing mitts and mittens. Anything colorwork is my favorite!

Describe your experience participating in the Gift-A-Long.
I have been modding the Hands group and it has been a lot of fun! I love seeing all the patterns and following all the WIPs.

What is your favorite aspect?
I love seeing all the patterns that I haven’t seen before. And I love getting to know all the other designers!

Were there any specific patterns that did really well in the GAL that you didn’t expect?
My Waneka Cowl has done really well! It didn’t get much attention in the fall when it was released but it’s received a lot of love in the GAL!

Thanks for joining us, Annie!


No comments:

Post a Comment