WARNING! This blog contains many links to Ravelry, a fiber-arts social media website which has been known to cause migraines, seizures, and other health issues for some internet users, especially since Ravelry's website redesign in June 2020. Please exercise caution when following links to Ravelry!

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Interview with Seni Designs

Today I'm interviewing Inês from Seni Designs.

Her designs include...

the recently published...

Dueto

as well as...
Zig-Zag Spiral

...and...
Cru

Introduce Yourself!
I’m Inês also known as Seni at ravelry. I started knitting as a child but my knitting skills were quite basic – only knew how to cast-on and purl. I was fascinated by the fact that with only yarn and needles one could create so many wonderful things.
A few years ago I started knitting “for real”, expanding my skills and started designing small items as hats, berets and cowls. I never stopped since then. So far, I’ve published several e-books where I can show the diversity and experimental character of my work.

How would you describe your style?
I think it’s a contemporary, eclectic style. I enjoy creating elegant and seamless knits with appealing shapes and textures obtained due to the combination of different pattern stitches and techniques.

What inspires you?
It changes a lot; sometimes I’m inspired by yarn qualities, other times by Nature, shapes, concepts, music, poems, etc…For instance, for creating Flor I was inspired by a poem of Almada Negreiros with the same name. For Sleepless Heart the starting point was Rodrigo Leão’s music. Occasionally, I’m more focused into a shape or technique (that was Espiral case).

What is your favorite item to design?
I’d say shawls, they’re quite addictive! I’ve created a few and it seems there’s always something new to try, to combine, to create. Plus, many times it’s a “one skein project” only, which I particularly like.

Describe your experience participating in the Gift-A-Long.
It has been fun! I enjoy seeing so many beautiful patterns, knowing new Designers, blogs and make part of all the process – participate in interviews, help to promote the GAL with all its fantastic prizes among other things.

What is your favorite aspect?
It’s very exciting watching the thread where the participants post their finished objects, the wonderful Pinterest boards and many others initiatives as the Designer Hunt game. I also enjoy seeing the indie community united, showing their talent and skill while running an international GAL of this dimension.

Were there any specific patterns that did really well in the GAL that you didn’t expect?
The most interesting to observe was, precisely, the interest in different type of patterns - both small, instant gratification projects as Quadra and more difficult and complex patterns as bem-me-quer, have been well received.

Any new projects you would like to share with us?
I’m currently working on my new e-book Ar and Lavanda [a Ravelry link, you will need an account to view this] is the next pattern to be released, a sweet shawl knitted top-down with a pretty lace stitch.


Thanks for joining me, Inês!
Thanks for having me!

All pictures © seni

No comments:

Post a Comment