WARNING! This blog contains many links to Ravelry, a fiber-arts social media website which has been known to cause migraines, seizures, and other health issues for some internet users, especially since Ravelry's website redesign in June 2020. Please exercise caution when following links to Ravelry!

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Interview with Jenn Wisbeck

Bokeh
Ruffle Dress
All pictures © Jenn Wisbeck


Introduce Yourself! 
Hi! I'm Jenn from Midnightsky Fibers. My current obsession is knitting hats- several hundred hats later, and I am still not bored. 

How would you describe your style? 
Laidback pacific northwest. I like neutral colors with bright pops, and simple silhouettes.

What inspires you? 
Lately I have been having a lot of fun recycling yarn from cashmere sweaters. It's fun to unravel these sweaters and turn them into something new.

What is your favorite item to design? 
Hats! Can't stop knitting them, so I have been designing hat patterns lately. I like patterns that work well as travel patterns since I like to stick my knitting in my bag.

What is your favorite aspect of designing? 
Working out the numbers and the perfect stitch patterns for a particular yarn.

Is there a design of yours that you are particularly proud of? 
The Stonebridge Hat, mostly because I am currently in love with corrugated ribbing.

Describe your experience participating in the Gift-A-Long. 
It's been fun- so nice to see so many designers working together!

Were there any specific patterns that did really well in the GAL that you didn’t expect? 
The Elevation Hat is doing better than I expected, it's a great way to use up some special bulky yarn.

What is your favorite part of it? 
Getting to see all the fun patterns that I might otherwise miss seeing.

Any new projects you would like to share with us? 
I just released the Stonebridge Hat and Elevation Hat. Stonebridge is a colorwork hat, and Elevation is a quick bulky knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment